Sunday, January 15, 2006

Crying

I spent this weekend crying pretty much. First I went to Brokeback Mountain. It ws sad - good but very sad.

Then, my sister logged into bodyforlifers.com and found my challenge log...and see replied:

Hi, I'm the seeeester!!! My sister is awesome and I had no idea she was doint the challenge for me. She is the best sister I could ever imagine. I love her to death. The only reason I ever started BFL was because of her and I didn't start easily with an open mind, but now I love it. My sister has told me many times over the past week to sign up for this forum but I just got around to it now. I wish I would have sooner so I could have read what she wrote, which brought me to tears while sitting at work...not good when you are crying and have to help customers, you definitly don't get very good looks.

Anyways, my sister basically saved me from a very unhealthy and dangerous way of losing weight before i went to live with her last summer. I was going down the wrong path at losing weight and not eating. Now I look back at pictures from then and see a very gaunt face with no life in my eyes. I can't say how much I love her for introducing me to the BFL way of life and making me eat.

what can I say...I love my seeeester!!!!


Needless to say, I'm crying again!
What can I say. I am so thankful BFL came into my life. My family was saved a lot of heartache and pain that could have come from a very unhealthy eating disorder. I'm not sure if my seeester and I would be as close as we are now without BFL being a part of our lives. We ran 5Ks together this summer and our first triathlon is coming this year. I'm so excited for her to move closer to me in May and I will have my workout partner back. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful seeester and best friend. I'm so glad I joined this challenge. I will keep working hard to win that cruise! Even if I don't win, it was worth it just to read the post from my seester and also to let her know how I feel about. Somehow, telling someone you are proud of them and having them read it in a post is completely different.

Well, on to the progress of the challenge. I feel like I have really turned a corner. I don't know if it is simply because I am so focused this time or what, but I feel like things are just really taking off. I think it just means so much this time around: for my sister and getting myself ready to reach the goal of a figure comp.

I did 25min of cardio and abs this morning. I did 30 sec hard intervals and then 1 min moderate, 30 sec hard and then 1 min moderate all the way through my cardio. I did 15 min of it on the elliptical and 10 min on the bike and boy was it HARD. I felt like I was going to be sick for 10 min after I was done.

For abs I did 4 sets of 10:
V sit-ups on the bench
leg raises
crunches on the ball
oblique crunches on the incline thing

Kind of bummed because the gym is closed tomorrow. I usually run on the track but I'll have to do the elliptical here at home. My arm/shoulder workout will be somewhat hindered too, but I'll make it work!

No comments: