Monday, January 09, 2006

Challenge Day

It was a big day today.

Our MN Group Challenge started today. This is the first time I have done a group challenge. I am really excited.

I am starting an individual challenge today. I plan and turning in a packet this time!

I entered the Bodyforlifers.com challenge. I dedicated the challenge to my sister. When I win, I am going to take her on the BFL cruise in June. I know I can do this!
Here is my post from that challenge. It is really important to me.

This 12 week challenge is for my sister (affectionately called seeeester)! There are so many reasons she deserves to go on this cruise and I am going to win this challenge and take her!

1. Her 22nd Birthday is today, January 9th. That has to mean something!

2. She loves BFL and she works at it harder than anyone I know. She is a senior in college and has a job and nothing stops her. She has many barriers with college parties, a crazy schedule, etc. and she doesn't give in. She sticks with the program.

3. She's way too grown up and mature for her age. She deserves a break and some fun! Her boyfriend just got back from Iraq in October. She spent many of her college days worrying. War is a very hard thing to live through. Thank goodness he is back safe and sound.
She gets outstanding grades in school, volunteers for a headstart program, and works way too many hours at a regular job as well.

4. Our family has had a tough, sad year. Our aunt died very unexpectedly in December. She was only 39 years old. My sister and I lost our mother at a very young age, also. When I was 10 and my sister was 6, our mother was hit by a drunk driver while riding a bike only a mile from our home. It was a total freak accident that happened at 4:30 in the afternoon. Needless to say, we grew up really fast. when my aunt died this December, there were many flashbacks. She has children that are 13 and 9 and my sister and I could really relate to what they were going through. The tough part of it was that my sister doesn't remember anything from when our mother died. When she had flashbacks it was like she was "seeing" it for the first time. It was a very tough experience.

I am going to win this cruise for her. It will be a GREAT graduation present! I am so excited. She wanted to go to the Expo in Denver this coming weekend so badly. But, we just couldn't swing it. This is something I can do for her and for myself!

Goals for myself during this challenge:
1. Get to 15% Bodyfat
2. Do yoga 3 times per week
3. Continue training and moving toward my first Figure Competition on June 10th!

Current Stats:
Body Fat: 22%
Weigth: 142.2
Chest: 33.75
Waist: 30
Hips: 41.75
Thigh: 24.5

I am so motivated and determined. This is going to be awesome!

I feel like I just wrote a book - Time for bed!

1 comment:

Amy said...

good luck in your bfl challenge!!!adam and i support you and hope you win it!!!