Thursday, February 23, 2006

Getting my head on straight


I think I'll just take pics in my regular suit tomorrow because I really want to be able to compare to the last pics, exactly! I have training in the morning so I'll get my BF tested as well. Always exciting but I always get nervous to see the results.

So my latest thought is wanting to know what life will be like post-competition. I am doing just fine with the food and diet now but I find myself think things like: 1- How hard will it be to stay aroun 15% BF permanently? 2-Would I get to have a cheat day, or more like a cheat meal a weak or a cheat day a month? 3- How clean do you really have to be to maintain a 15%? Will I be able to eat regular old BFL style - that sounds like a world of options to me right now!! I am going to talk to my trainers about this tomorrow. It would just help if I could picture what life might possibly be like.

My hubby and I had a life-changing experience last night. My neck and back are always out of place so I'm pretty much in pain all the time. I go to the chiro but it always goes back out of place so in the end I've been just living with it. On Monday we went to a Nucca chiropractor. It is a VERY gentle adjustment to only the very first bone of your spine where your head sits. The adjustment felt like he was just touching the side of my neck - no twisting, cracking, nothing. My head is literally in a new place. I feel like a new woman. Nucca adjustments have been know to last for years once you get your alignment to hold for 28 days. Stipulation is you are not supposed to excercise strenuously for 28 days until your spine and muscles are completely healed - obviously that is not going to happen. so, I'm not expecting my adjment to hold as well as it might have.

My hubby went too. He's had a foot that has always turned out to the side since birth - it is straight now. He also weighed 20lbs more on one side than the other - he's even now...kid you not. It was just freaky but totally wonderful! If anyone lives in this area - I would highly recommend going. I'm worried about what my spine would have looked like in 10-20 years - I saw my xrays and the flaws that I had. Now I know I can fix them - this is good. Here is the information:

http://www.mightyoak.org/aboutus.html


No comments: