Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hump Day

My sister is in Cancun and coming home tomorrow! I never realized how much we talk, I've missed her and it's only been 3 days.

I went out to eat with two of my high school buddies last night and our play coach, Laura, from our Junior year! Super fun. However, there was nothing I could eat! The veggie burger was deep fat fried! the lemon chicken was precooked in butter. Lesson learned: don't just take it for granted that options that are typically good for you are safe. I ended up having romaine lettuce with dressing I brought from home. Oh well. All of us gave Laura our 2 min life story. Of course my life story is pretty crazy right now. Laura felt my bicep and said she was intrigued and oddly frightened at the same time...I think that is a good thing?!? It was really cool when my 2 friends gave their 2 minutes though. My first friend said, "well tanya's obsession has influenced me and I am doing a 5K on May 21st" - I was so proud and excited. Then my other friend started her introduction with "I joined the Y and started working out with Tanya last week. I'm going to try to do a 10mile run at the end of the summer." I was just overwhelmed with happiness for a moment. These are my friends and look at us! We were the 3 non-athletic girls in high school and look at us now! I LOVE BFL!

On the competition front I am very excited and very nervous. This is getting more real every day.

I booked a flight to the NPC Jr. Nationals in Chicago the week after my comp. One of my trainers will be competing. I'm very excited to go - spending more money I don't have but who's counting??

1 comment:

KatieFeldmom said...

"Intrigued and oddly frightened" -- very good thing. And you are so inspirational to them all. Way to go!

Hey, money grows on trees, so when you need some, just take it from there.