Sunday, March 12, 2006

Giving myself a pep talk

Hey all,
I am back from phat camp and man, Jen Hendershott works out HARD!!! I had a great time. It was wonderful to hang out with 60 women with common goals and none of them looking at you like you are 'weird' for what you are eating, etc. It is just fun to hang out with others that 'get' it. Some of the women were SOOOOO built. It was very inspiring. I don't think I'll be able to walk or sit on the toilet tomorrow but I really did a good job. I worked hard and I hung right in there with the group!

Will be posting pics tomorrow sometime! For those who don't know, working out with Jen Hendershott is like taking singing lessons from Shania Twain or Faith Hill, etc. You get what I mean.

Whoever was intersted in competing put our suits on today and we practiced posing,etc. and the rest of the girls were the audience.

Now, I am going to be a downer here...I'm sorry, I'm trying really hard. I am proud of myself for getting up there in front of them in my suit. but honestly, it made me lose some of my positive attitude. I probably should be waiting to do some competing and do some bulking. I am getting muscle development but I have a LONG way to go. I'm not trying to rip on myself here, I'm being honest. I am still going to get myself excited again. I know I can do this and I know I can do my absolute best. But, it was hard hearing other girls who are in better shape than me and closer to 'competition ready' say that they are hoping to compete next year or at the end of the summer. Makes me wonder what I am doing...
the other thing that is hard is just the plain aesthetic stuff: boobs, beautiful hair, a tan, and long flowing hair...none of which I have...I know these don't matter but I sometimes feel like one of the 'not pretty' girls.

Alright, enough being negative. Sorry!!! All of the women there were so supportive and it was an awesome esperience. I need to work on my condfidence and get back in the game!

2 comments:

Superchic-happy and healthy said...

You shouldn't be worrying about how other girls look. Everyone is different and you are perfect for who you are and beautiful inside and out. You are very motivated and CAN do this no matter what. You look awesome and haven't missed a beat with your eating or workouts. You're going to do great and you are motivating others to start looking at making their life healthier. Keep pumping the iron and working you butt off seeester!!!!

Anonymous said...

Please, do NOT compare yourself to anyone!You are beautiful and you will do wonderful!This will be an experience that you will be so thankful for and you will have so much fun doing it!Remember, that your body is going to be going through tremendous changes in the next several weeks! Win or lose, you will always have this wonderful experience and you will learn something each an every time! The one thing I really want you to keep in mind is that this really is a competition with yourself and no one else. You have absolutely no way to predict how judges will go and you stand as much chance as anyone. Every show is different,and you will get better and better each time! I know the self doubt is normal, but you really can do this! Stay positive!