Friday, July 28, 2006

Winners!

"Winning is not normal and those who constantly win follow an ‘abnormal’ path. The discipline, dedication and sacrifices are incomprehensible to those thousands standing outside, looking in, who are capable of joining the winning team, yet unwilling to pay the price of admission. Winners win in a fair effort, on a level playing field, because they deserve to win... they willingly pay their dues in full, time after time, after time." -unknown

A couple of people I really admire have recently been put 'down'. One woman is 54 years old and through 3 years of hard work, is now in the best shape of her life - her doctor agrees. She was told by an individual that "they liked the serious, conservative person she used to be better. She is no longer a positive role model for young women..." Excuse me?!

Much on the same note, one of the bloggers I read wrote about the use of the word 'real' in the media. She asks many of the same questions and has a great perspective on what is normal and abnormal in our sociaty. Check it out here.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like that first quote. Thanks for sharing. That link to the August 100pt challenge is neat, I might have to try that. ;)

Stef said...

Wow~ That was a great post! I followed your link and ended up never getting back here to comment.....ooops, sorry!!!

Anyway, I love your blog!

Hey, would you email me, I have a question for you. go4steffie at aol dot com

=)

Anonymous said...

LOL...I did what you did too Stef..followed link...then on to another and another!!! ha

Great post, I know so many "standing outside and looking in"...I so wish they'd join in!

I love your blog too...and a big congrats to you on your accomplishment in completing the figure competition!! Cheers!

Visionquester said...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

~Theodore Roosevelt