Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thank You

Thank you all so much for visiting my blog. Today has been a very humbling and surreal day for me. It is weird to have people reading my blog and telling me I am inspiring.

I'll be honest - right now I'm having a hard time. It has been over a month since my competition and between vacations and schedules I still haven't met with my trainers. This is hard because I have no real estimate of my BF to know where I am at. I have no goals and no plan. I am realizing how important goals are. No matter what - it is the basics of BFL that seem to play the biggest part in success or failure - GOALS. I do really well in the mornings, it is in the afternoons I tend to faulter on the food. I have decided that it is not even the idea of gaining weight that bothers me - it is that I am disappointed in myself. Cheating isn't about weight, it is about respect and belief in yourself along with forgiving yourself. My sister said something to me today. She has a slight peanut butter problem and indulged a little a couple of nights last week. She said that she wasn't cheating this week because she was better than that. She was not that person. She was in control of herself and she deserved to be fit and have the body she wanted. You know what? she's right!

I just scheduled my session with my trainers next Friday at 8am. the light at the end of the tunnel of ambiguity. I'm looking forward to it.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy my free night and morning on Thursday and Friday - we're having a girls night. I'm going to do my best for the rest of the time but I am not going to feel bad about anything. I ate clean with no cheats whatsoever for 16 weeks - that is a long time, that is 4 months. 1 month of so-so is not the end of the world and I need to quit being ridiculous.

Thanks again to everyone for visiting. It is really helping me through this slump and the post-comp blues. This is a transition time for me and I lose sight of the fact that it is a short-term adjustment period.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Enjoy your girls' night out. I've been dreading doing those "social" things right now just because I'm afraid what I'll be faced with food wise. I can't think like that though, I need to enjoy myself, life is too short. This is supposed to be a way of life, right? I know I can get right back on and you will too. You've already done it and made amazing progress. You ARE an inspiration.

Stef said...

I had the same problem as you are having now. When I finished my C1, I was riding high on the success of how well I did! I took a week off and started C2. I made no progress in C2 and actually gained a few pounds (muscle?). After C2, I felt lost and needed a goal and decided a figure comeptition was it. I was the cleanest eater I had ever been and hit the gym and cardio like a tornado. At the 4 week mark, I started binge eating out of control. I have no idea what was happening, but I know it totally derailed my figure comp plans. I have struggled with binge eating ever since....I am ok right now because I am taking ephedra, but I was having some very serious issues.

Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack your blog....just letting you know that I think it is very common to struggle after the success of a successful challenge or competition.

Have fun on Friday and good luck with the trainers.

=)

KatieFeldmom said...

Thinking of you!

Melissa said...

FOUR MONTHS without one cheat? You are my hero. That's amazing! And you're right about goals, without them we're kind of at a standstill! You've done incredible thus far, & it won't take long before you're feeling those workout "highs" again :) Have fun on your girls' night out!

Amy said...

HI.. Amy stopping by via stef's post on you!! WOW, 4 months no cheat. That is a long-time. Enjoy your girls night out.

Jerianne said...

Hi Tanya! I hope you come to the KC comp. so I can meet you! I hear your seeesta on the pb. It is my vice too. I finally bought strawberry protein powder, one that I know won't taste good with peanut butter!! My favorite cheat food is these protein shakes which involve lots of pb and oats!! Sick, huh?!

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Hi! Great blog! Congratulations on your figure competition. That's awesome! :o)

Try not to be too hard on yourself. A lot of people talk the talk, but you did what you set out to do and that's _so_ impressive--especially, since you had a goal that took so much sacrifice and effort to achieve.

I know you'll get through this slump and can't wait to read about your next goal!