Monday, July 17, 2006

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles…it empties today of its strength." – Aunt Linda (sent by Jennifer Cribbs, SparkPeople community member)

I had a busy weekend! We went to the Zoo, the body worlds exhibit at the science museum, the global market, and a drag show at the Gay 90s. And that was only Thursday and Friday of last week! On Saturday we went to the lifetime fitness Triathlon because it is 3 blocks from my house. My trainer, David, and one of my coworkers competed. My coworker got 3rd in her age group!! considering this is a HUGE triathlon really good.

I couldn't find anything to wear Thursday night - no shorts, pants, or skirts would fit me. Granted I was somewhat bloated but it was quite the wake-up call. I need to stop the binging...a little cheat is fine but my cheats are never little. This needs to be a total lifestyle change - for good. Not just 6 days a week with a cheat day, not just 12 weeks of contest dieting, etc. That is not healthy for me mentally or emotionally and it just encourages a binge-type behaviour. I was much happier and content with my strict diet. I felt better, my skin was better, and on and on. Now I'm just working on the implementation.

I'm sooooo excited for my training session on Friday. I can't wait to have a goal! sorry to keep ranting about the same things in my blog...progress not perfection!

3 comments:

Stef said...

I hate binge eating. I have had so much trouble with it in the past and I have found out from my blog and people that read it...binge eating is not that uncommon, unfortunately. Set a new goal and have something to work towards!!!

=)

Superchic-happy and healthy said...

Woman, Just had an enlightening moment. You do realize that last year at this time we were eating BFL style and not cheating during the week and we had a cheat day once a week!!! Now we are freaking out when we screw up one or two days...maybe a week but we are much more strict...(no carbs!!) and what the heck is our problem. Seriously we need to chill out, i am kinda writing this for myself as well as for you. so there that is all I have to say. Lets kick it woman here we go and Hawaii here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Melissa said...

I never realized how common the binge eating was until I met other women so into fitness. I wonder to myself if I'll ever eat "normal" (as if there is such a thing) again. Like you said, progress not perfection. I think that if I'm good MOST of the time, I'll be ok.