Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm a Mentor!

I became a mentor tonight! I am going to be a mentor with Bolder Options. My mentee is Frednesia. She is in the 8th grade and I am very excited to be working with her. We will be teamed together for 1 year. We must complete 3 5Ks by the end of November. We will be meeting 1-2 times a week to do homework and train. This will be a big commitment but I am looking forward to it.

We are headed to South Dakota for my Grandpa's 80th birthday party tomorrow. Should be fun - will be a very quick trip though. 6 hour drive. Leaving at 12 after my training session. Have to be home on Sunday by 2 so my sister, Tosha, can get to work. i don't mind the quick trips so much though. I like getting home early on Sunday to recover a little bit. This will be the first I've seen any of my family since competition. My parents never said anything really...I'm excited to show pics to my grandparents though. Hopefully, they will think it was cool and everyone will have a better idea of what we're doing and hopefully be supportive or at least tolerant.

I'm excited and nervous about my training tomorrow. Ready to just see where I am at and set goals!

Our neighbor gave us tickets to the Twins game last night. Was fun! took my chiro and his wife and one of their friends. They are really fun to hang out with. Neil and I lost our car for about 45 minutes after the game. I was tired and hungry and little did we know we were walking around the WRONG parking ramp...good lord...

1 comment:

Stef said...

Way to go with the mentoring! That is so cool!!!

Keep us posted about the trainer visit and have a great weekend!

=)