Saturday, August 05, 2006

A few changes

Going to the Naturopath was really neat. It is crazy how much they can tell about you by alternative means. She measure the electric energy flow through my body using a number of accupressure points. Results:

I have 3 cracked teeth under my metal filling. The teeth are degenerating under there and releasing bacteria into my system - tons of fun! My face should clear up (I always struggle with at times) and my heart will be happy when the bacteria is gone. Have dentist appt on Aug 21st to go and start the process of getting the metal filling out of these three teeth and new composites in.

My pituitary, adrenal, thyroid gland system is kinda sluggish. Mostly because I don't handle my stress very well...oops. Have a couple of vitamins to try to pump them up a little bit. This is most likely where a lot of my digestive problems are stemming from. My body isn't moving fast enough to do a good job digesting or something like that.

Last but not least - I have a hard time digesting protein from animal sources. Pretty much figured this - I knew I was unable to eat any dairy already and I guess the whole meat thing doesn't surprise me for some reason. chicken, fish and turkey are easier for me to digest than red meat but veggie protein is actually the best for my body. Now, considering I eat 6 meals a day based around protein this could seem a little daunting. However, I don't think it is so bad - actually it's kinda nice to switch things up a bit. I'm just switching to a veggie protein for some of my meals. Can't hurt to try it! Maybe I will build muscle better if my body can actually process more of the proteins I'm giving it.

Switches I've made:
Added two veggie sausage links to breakfast in place of the whole egg and 1 egg white.

Having my 2 protein shakes with soymilk instead of water and dropping down to one scoop instead of two scoops of protein powder (I buy ON 100% whey with lactase so I digest this better because it has the digestive enzyme in it).

I bought some tofu and some veggie crumbles so we'll see how that goes today...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! didnt know that natural cure was good! :-)

I started reading your blog very few ago...i love it! When will ya post pics??

i never thought someone could get problems from meats??? I have problems with veggies, flour...sugar, salt...and sometimes milk. I drink lactose free milk and it tastes even better (when i am not...dieting to get ripped 4 a show ofcourse).

anyway...keep updating...:-)

Nora