Sunday, August 13, 2006

25 min and 6 seconds

We ran the 5K on Saturday and this was my time!!! 25:06...that is very good for me. My best time on my practice 5K was 28 minutes. I got around 28 minutes last summer as well. My sister and I were bookin it!!! She got 25:01, she can really push that last little bit. We got 1st and 2nd place in the 20-29 age group. That is really exciting for us. My grandma, my dad and my little brothers were there to watch. Grandma said "pretty cool to do this in the town that didn't think you could hardly walk across the street." She's aluding to the fact that no one thought I was athletic or gave me the time of day as far as sports were concerned. My friend, Lanae, also got a personal best in the race. Her dad ran and got first in the over 60 category. Neil ran and got first in his 20-29 category...however, he was the only runner in his catergory...No matter - the fact that he got out there and ran it is all that matters!

All in all it was a great day.

On friday we all checked in the the trainers. Neil is down 2.5% body fat, 5 lbs of fat, and gained 3 pounds of muscle. VERY impressive.

Tosh measured exactly the same.

I am up .8% bodyfat, 1 lbs of fat, lost 1 pound of muscle. Not good. Bummer.

We all cheated over the weekend. It was nice to eat meals with my family and I'm not even going to say I regret it. A lot of it was emotional eating - so be it.

We went to the camp ground on saturday and set up the tent. It was sooooooo windy and miserable. Then, we heard there were tornado and storm warnings and the big clouds started rolling in. We packed up and drove the 5 miles back home. Good thing we did because it rained a lot and it rained HARD! My one little brother hates storms and freaks out...there is no way he would have survived in the little tent.

Took us forever to get home today and we sat in traffic for hours. But we made it. Hubby got very impatient with driving at the end and I was so happy when we finally pulled up in front of our yard.

So now it is on to Monday. 3 days of bad eating behind me. Hoping to make progress in the right direction in the days to come.

Sis and I are going to check out a Snap Fitness tomorrow. The lifetime near our house is fun in theory. there are lots of buff people and it is nice to work out without kids around but he equipment is just terrible! The machines are old and they hurt no matter how much you adjust them. They don't have a standing calf machine. The dumbells are ancients and the racks look like they were welded together and it is an art to put the dumbbells away without pinching your fingers. I wouldn't be so picky except that it is really expensive to workout there and quite honestly the equipment is much better at the Y...so maybe Snap will be the answer. cheaper than the Y and Lifetime with brand new equipment. I am so hard to please!

No comments: