Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Achy

So I made it to the gym for my back workout this afternoon. Yeah - both workouts done today! My forearms and the back of my legs are achy. Forearms because they aren't in shape enough to hold the heavier weights for my back workouts - because I've been a slacker! Back of my legs - either from running outside the last couple days or from my leg workout yesterday, probably a combination of the two.

My friend Lanae asked if I really needed to compete today. She was asking because of my free meal 'binges'. She pointed out that it is almost like a form of being bipolar. I have really extreme goals so I am extremely clean and then I go off extreme as well.

We talked for a while and I really think things are coming into perspective. First, it has only been 2 months since comp and no matter what - I think everyone goes through a huge adjustment period after their first one. On a second note - at this time last year I was around 28% bodyfat if I remember right...A lot has happened to me in the last year! I'm bound to have a bit of a time finding 'normal' for me!!!

I'm feeling really good again today. My hubby has decided to do the 5K with us on Saturday so that should be fun.

Things are going well at work. We've been without a director since May and we finally have someone starting on Aug 21! I haven't had a boss forever and I am looking forward to having that foundation again. Luckily, I would with a great team so we have all just continued on without a problem.

Thanks Nora and everyone else for stopping by!

4 comments:

jen said...

Yayyy! you got hubby interested in running with you!! :)

you're right about all the changes in your life the past year...you've come a long way and have done an awesome job!!

good luck on your new boss...hope he/she is super-nice.

Unknown said...

Hey!!! I have no clue what it feels like the lil blues adjustment of post comp....but i bet it should feel kinda weird...when you were so lean and suddenly bloated...it would depress me :-)

Keep up!!! Ilove your blog!

Nora

Stef said...

I can relate (sort of ) with the extremes...I can eat extremely clean and then binge eat to the extreme as well...when I say extreme binges, I have had binges in the ballpark of 3000-4000 calories of sugar in a period of a few hours....those are the worst!

Keep your eye on the prize girl!

=)

Jerianne said...

Hi there! You are doing great! On the post comp. stuff, that is what scares me the most. I am like you: all or nothing! I saw what can happen first hand at my gym yesterday: the overall winner of the show I saw at the end of April was there. At the show, she looked INCREDIBLE, yesterday, and I hate even saying this, but she looked awful! Not just normal, but really bad. I felt so badly for her!!! I don't say this to be mean, and I feel bad even saying it. It really opened my eyes and I realize we are all human and I am not looking forward to the rebound thing. I think you are doing great and I admire you for jumping right back in. You have come a long way!!!!