Monday, September 04, 2006

Wall was no match for us!

Tosh and I went rock climbing at REI on Saturday - no problem. I made it up the wall on my first try (of course we only did the easy side since it was our first time). Was really fun. I thought it would take a lot more upper body strength but I was really good at using my legs for the most part and I didn't even feel it in my arms!

We discovered that Tosh is really afraid of heights. She made it up about 15 feet on her first try and then she freaked...not to fear - she came down for a pep talk and I sent her back up the wall. She made it all the way to the top without a problem as well. Shaky hands and sweaty palms were a small price and she conquered her fear.

I am on Day 4 of a cleanse. All protein shakes with blended fruit and veggies today and tomorrow. I'm surprised but veggies in shakes are not bad at all. Thought I would dread today and it's been just fine. Nice surprise!

Yesterday, my friend Lanae came over and all three of us went the gym for cardio. Tosh ran like the wind, Lanae biked and ran, I did the stepmill for 10 min and then the cross country ski machine for 10 min. The ski machine about killed me! I don't know how it can be sooo tough - but I was seriously huffing at the end!

We watched Last Holiday when we got home from the gym and it was actually really good. I enjoyed it very much.

Sat night Tosh and I watched eight below. That was also really good except I cried for like 1.5 hours! I am such a sucker for puppies.

1 comment:

Stef said...

Oooooo! I love climbing walls! Once when I was single, I went on a first date to a "climbing gym" and had a blast!

Glad you posted....I was beginning to wonder where you went. Keep us posted about the new trainer!

=)