Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lawn conquered

I mowed that darn lawn! I started on early Friday morning and by 1pm - our lawn actually looked somewhat respectable. I pushed the reel mower through the front and about 1/4 of the back lawn. It was just too tall in the back though, the manual reel mower just wasn't sharp enough to get through the wet, thick, tall grass. So I rented a regular push mower (only $8 an hour!) and went over the front lawn again and did the back. I had to hold it kinda up in the air and tip it on its side all the time cause it kept getting clogged but I got it done! Then I raked the entire lawn...wow - I was tired. Then I attacked some of the weeds in the front and back and pulled them out too. Very proud of myself.

Had a leg workout day yesterday and cardio this morning. All the new workouts from the new bodybuilding coach and it is awesome. I haven't been sore in a long time and it feels good! Not the "so sore I can't sit" kind of sore but the "damn, I worked hard" kind of sore. Tosh and I are really pushing each other at the gym and it is nice to be on the same workouts again. Makes working out a lot more fun. For cardio this morning we set the incline on the treadmill at 6% and then ran at a level 10 for 30 sec. Then you jump onto the guard rails and leave the treadmill running while you pant and catch your breath for a minute. Then you jump back on the treadmill (this is quite the adrenaline rush as 10 is pretty fast and it is on an incline!) - you go for 30 sec and repeat the process for 10 min. I'm happy to say neither of us shot off the back of the treadmill! After that you finish up with 20 min moderate run at a level 6. It is a kick a$$ workout!

Kinda lazy the rest of today but that is ok. Overall had a great weekend. Good to get rested up before Kansas City next weekend. Driving down on Fri. Big Bodybuilding/figure show on Saturday, driving back on Sunday. Will be an exhausting trip but should be fun!

2 comments:

Just a lonely girl said...

Well, that lawn sounds gigantic! Right on for getting it done!!

What 7 day cleanse did you use? A friend of mine uses Isagenix.

Oh, I'm Connie btw...found your blog either through blends or tracker. Hope you don't mind me stopping by! :-)

buffdiva said...

Hi connie! Thanks for checking in~ I got the cleanse from the bodybuilding coach I'm using. It was a pretty basic, primarily fruits and veggies type cleanse. I'm going to go check out isagenix. I also did Colonix last year. It was fine but lasts 1+months which gets long!