Sunday, July 20, 2008

TC 10 Mile, October 5th

It is official. Hubby and I won the race lottery to enter the Twin Cities 10 Mile. The race is one of the most beautiful in the nation and it is run along with the Twin Cities Marathon. Will be a big challenge for us. Should be interesting!

I really wasn't sure I wanted to commit to another big event, even though that typically is what it takes to get me exercising consistently. I decided that I didn't want to train for it alone. I threw the question out to Hubby, pretty sure he'd say no and I wouldn't have to think about it anymore. Well, the last day to enter the race entry lottery, I emailed him and asked 'in or out?' He replied, "in...". I thought, "sh*t..."

And a day later, we got our winning confirmation. Hubby says, "I didn't think we'd actually 'win'!"

No comments: