Sunday, June 03, 2007

tune up

Yesterday, I went for a run with Heidi in the morning. It was painful. I haven't been running that much lately and probably need to work on that. My hamstrings are sore and tight. Not sure if it is from running or lifting on Friday. We ended up walking the last half mile or so but it was a gorgeous morning and I really enjoyed myself.

Came home and had breakfast and woke hubby up. We walked with pups over to Minnehaha park for the Get Fit Twin Cities celebration. i pretty much have the cutest, best dogs ever. Lots of comments and people wanting to pet them. They sat on our laps a tthe little program from the parks and rec people for 20 min and watched. What little sweethearts.

Then Neil and I went over to the store and Neil put up posters in the window while I went around and met a bunch of the area business people. Super fun. I made some great contacts and I'm looking forward to doing some marketing together and being a part of the business community. met one of the Purple Hat ladies and I'm thinking they may be great to team up with for some community service-type events. I was super tired after this.

Came home and took a little nap while Neil was hunting on Craig's list for a bike.

Waited for this guy from Craigslist to come and tune up my bike. 8 or so phone calls and 1.5 hours later he finally got here and then it took 2 hours but he did a great job for a great price and my bike is ready to go! 2 girls came to look at some older Mary Poppins type bikes he was selling and they are great. The bikes were so fun...from like the 1940s and they just made you giggle to ride them.

AFter that we headed over to Maia's graduations party, it was like 8:30 pm and we had planned at going around 4 pm....

Were going to head to the movie Knocked up but we ran out of time so will probably do that today.

Going to look at a bike for Neil today too, I think. Fun!

I love my bike and I can't wait to ride it this week!

No comments: