Sunday, January 28, 2007

Change in plans

After much thinking and changing my mind more times than I could count, I have decided to put off competing for a while. My heart just hasn't been in it this time and it wasn't fun. I think it is partly because I never got the hang of off-season and I never got to a point where I was happy with myself and could maintain. I am going to take some time to get to and MAINTAIN a bodyfat percentage that I am happy with. I'm going to probably do a triathlon or two this summer. I feel like I am making a really good decision.

I am continuing with my current plan - on week 3 of death circuits and carb cycling. I had the best workout today that I've had in months. I am excited about my program and my goals. I feel like I am back in the game and I am doing it for myself this time. I am so excited to get to a comfortable bodyfat % for me and stay there!

Next time I step on stage, I know I will have more muscle and I will be mentally ready for it and excited for the journey. Thanks to Seeeester and to Janet for listening and supporting me in my decisions. I can't wait to see you on stage, sis! I will join you up there, just not right now!

2 comments:

Stef said...

Hey girl~

I am struggling myself right now. I am training for my first comp in 7 weeks and just not sure if I can or even really want to do it.

I am glad you made a decision and are sticking with it! My mind goes back and forth too! Its tough!

Take care!

=)

ThirtyTen said...

I know that decision is hard but you'll be glad you made it in the end. My friend wasn't ready last year and ended up getting totally depressed because she never felt good about getting on stage and she didn't place well. Would've been better to wait til next time.